Thousands of passwords are being stolen everyday by hackers. Now, its is very frightful to surf on the internet, our accounts may be hacked by someone else! But now, Google comes with a new feature which allows you to protect your Google Account from hackers. There will be an additional verification while you sign into your account, its known as 2-Step Verification.
If you want to activate this feature on your google account, just follow these steps:
- First, Sign in to your Google Account and go to your Account Settings page
- In the Account Overview tab, you will see an option named 2-step verification under Security section
- Click Edit, You will be directed to the activation process
- Add your phone number in the box and select the method of verification, SMS text message is easy one
- After verifying your phone, click Next
- Now, you are on a page which allow you to remember your current PC for a 30 days period
- Take your decision and click Next
- In the next page, click TURN ON 2-STEP VERIFICATION button
- That’s all! 2-Step Verification is now activated
- Now, You will be asked to verify your account using phone while logging into your Google Account!