There are several ways to Recover a forgotten password in Microsoft Windows OS. They provide several solutions such as Recovery Disk, Hint etc. But what if you don’t have any of these options practical ? or What if you want to make your friends amaze by your Hacking skill on this field ? (NB: Use this only for Recovery/Educational purposes. Don’t harm any one’s PC)
In this tutorial, I will be teaching you How to Hack a User account in Microsoft Windows Operating System. It can be Windows XP, Vista, 7 etc. This tutorial can be used to Reset, Change or Hack Password of a User Account in yours or any others PC.
First of all, let me tell you that, we are not discussing anything about the Recovery Disk, or such Windows provided options. This is a method found by me, when my friend’s PC got locked and there were no way to open it other than HACKING!!!
If you don’t have access to any other accounts in the same PC -> then do these steps… else go to end of the post
- You will be getting a Login screen asking you the Password of the user. On this screen the utilities like Task Manager, CMD Prompt etc. will not work. In any case if you can open these two: then it’s easy… just skip to next heading
- To do this Hack, we only need Command Prompt application and a small line of code. So, to make CMD.exe accessible in the Login Screen, do the following steps:
>>> Please have any of these two :: Windows Installation disk / Linux based OS disk (like Ubuntu).
- If you have a Windows Installation media, then insert it and Boot from that media
- Now, select Repair Your Computer (option varies as 7, Vista, XP – find the similar option) – to get access to a Command prompt. If done type the following codes
copy c:\windows\system32\utilman.exe c:\utilman.exe
copy c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe c:\windows\system32\utilman.exe
>>> or (if you have Windows XP)
copy c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe c:\sethc.exe
copy c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe
- This will make the cmd.exe available in the login screen.
- If you have Linux based OS media (like ubuntu), then insert it and run the OS Live from the disk and get into the desktop of the OS.
- Open up the Local Disk, where you OS lies and goto Windows\System32\
- Now take a backup of these two files (utilman.exe & sethc.exe)
- Replace the original files by cmd.exe by copying and renaming it into these two names.
- That’s it. The cmd.exe is now available at your Login Screen
When you have access to the cmd.exe at Login Screen
- Open cmd.exe by pressing shift key 5 times – if you used sethc.exe
- or By clicking the Ease of access button on the screen’s bottom left position – if you used utilman.exe
- Now in the cmd type the following code…
net user username newpassword
replace username with your username, newpassword with your new password
- That’s it… Login with your New Password !!!
If you have access to any other account in the same PC, you can do this by opening cmd from that account…