It’s been not too long that the Social Medias has started to discuss about Microsoft’s new Office Suite release. Guess What? they were right. Yesterday, Microsoft announced its latest Office Suite version 2013 (codename Office 15) and its Beta version is now available for Download! Similar to the recent beta apps of Microsoft, they call this beta version as “Customer Preview” or “Office 365 Preview“.
There is a lot to discuss about this new version and I am describing only few of its main features and Download links here.
Office 2013 comes with lot of features such as Metro style, Cloud integration, Live templates and all new Click-to-Run which is a streaming technology that lets you to run Office applications before it is completely installed! I was very surprised when I tried to download this, the application which is more than 1.5GB has completed downloading within minutes with my slower 2G internet connection! As shown in the image, it configures instantly as you download the setup file which is too small in file size (about 450kB).
The most surprising fact is that this version will only be working with Windows 7 and Windows 8 only. Users with Windows XP and Vista cannot taste this application, and that is a bad news for many peoples :(
Basic System Requirements & Download Link
- Computer and processor: 1 Ghz or greater x86/x64 Processor with SSE2 instruction set
- Memory: 1 GB RAM (32 Bit) /2 GB RAM (64 Bit)
- Hard disk: 3.5 GB free disk space
- Operating System: Windows 7 or newer, either 32-bit or 64-bit; Windows 2008R2 or newer
- Graphics: Graphics hardware acceleration requires DirectX10 graphics card and 1024 x 576 resolution
To install in Windows 8, you must be using the Release preview or later. The installation is simple with the new Click-to-Run feature and all you need to download this suite is a Windows Live ID.
Download this suite from the below link:
Download Microsoft Office 2013 Customer Preview
- To know more about Office 2013, click here
- Office 2013 FAQ can be seen here