As we know Microsoft has released the Windows 8 Developer Preview before some days. But now, they released a public Beta version of Windows 8. Microsoft calls it as Consumer Preview.
There is so many changes in this consumer previews as compared to the developer preview such as removal of start button, new login screen etc.
You can download and install this preview (English) free from the following link:
Download Windows 8 Consumer Preview (x86) (2.5GB)
Download Windows 8 Consumer Preview (x64) (3.3GB)
Also, you can upgrade to consumer preview from developer preview. It will expire only on January 15th 2013, so you can enjoy for a long time.
You may be asked to enter a product key during the installation. Here are some keys which can be used to activate the free Beta build:
The main system requirements are:
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64)
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- HDD: 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
- Taking advantage of touch input requires a screen that supports multi-touch
- To run Metro style Apps, you need a screen resolution of 1024 X 768 or greater
- To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768
Enjoy with Windows 8…!!!