Now, there are many USB drives having a facility to Write Protect. Here I will show you how to protect writing on Removable Drives from your PC
- First, open Run dialoge box from Start > Run… then type regedit
- Press OK
- Navigate to the following path:
- If there is no folder with name StorageDevicePolicies, you can create by Right Clicking and selecting New > Key on Control folder. If it exists, then skip the next two steps
- In the right pane Right Click and select New > DWORD Value
- >> Open WriteProtect key and in the field set the value to 1
- Now, Restart your PC and the WirteProtect is activated!
- If you want to remove WriteProtect, just set the DWORD value to 0
- You’re Done…!
If you can’t do this at your own risk, you can download the following ZIP file and Activate the Registry Keys in it